October 3, 2017

36 Weeks - Let the Count Down Begin

Pictured 34 weeks Pregnant 
Today I am 36 weeks. In some ways time has flown, in others it feels like I have been pregnant forever. I am not having that get this baby out of me spurt quite yet, more of a savoring these last moments and nerves about how different our lives are going to be very soon. That being said this is no fairytale either. I'm hardly sleeping, my feet are swelling constantly (especially in the heat!!), my thirst and hunger have gone up a notch, and my skin is barely holding on. Somedays I feel like baby is just going to rip through the front of me. I literally sneezed the other night and my belly button tore, yes tore. I have not a single stretch mark from M, but this time around I have earned some stripes and I have a belly button badge to top it off. Robert told me, what can you expect when you were as big as you were with Marilyn months ago, ugh why does he have to be so literal and right!?!

The nursery is finally ready! Despite everyones advice to keep it, the twin bed is gone and instantly transformed that room into my favorite one in the house. It makes me so happy how spacious and clean it is. Makes the rest of the house seem like a bomb went off. I am feeling totally overwhelmed by stuff and filling box after box to donate, give away or sell at the second hand shop. I am reading "the joy of living with less" and it is totally inspiring me to get rid of stuff I have been holding on for no reason. It feels amazing, but it means that our house is constantly in disarray with piles to be sorted. It is making my better half very uncomfortable. So glad I married a clean man :) I would like to find a bookshelf and a crib skirt but nothing else, maybe a real bed frame for M too. Everyone keeps trying to buy me gifts but PLEASE DONT. We really don't NEED anything. We saved nearly everything from Marilyn so we are set for baby gear.

I am still craving cheese, milk, bananas and peanut butter, and eating my fair share of ice cream. I figure if I am going to get big eating healthy I might as well indulge a little. I am concerned with the feet swelling so much, hopefully its just to heat, so I do try to maintain a very healthy diet. I am not exercising enough, I was SO much more fit with M. I get contractions when I go for a real walk and its hard to keep up with a speedy four year old. I feel stressed out and that isn't the way it should go. Though I know in the back of my mind I should be heading around the neighborhood instead of sitting here writing this. But I haven't written nearly anything this time around....feeling major guilt. I mostly fall asleep when I get to the computer at night, lets be real when I pick up anything at night I fall asleep and these peaceful mornings are few and far between.

I have a doctor's appt today so we shall see what she says. Hoping we are going to get the green light to go to Yosemite for Robert's brother's wedding. I did a spa day with the bride to be on Sunday and it got me really excited about the trip, I don't want to miss out. I got to soak in a bath full of warm milk and it was heavenly, just heavenly. I wouldn't sign up for another prenatal massage - my body went numb in so many places. But I'd love to take one of those baths everyday! Baby loved it too! Add a clawfoot tub to my list of must haves for our next home!

XOXO
Celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary in the city. 

Robert has caught what feels like a million pictures of me asleep with projects. Here I am passed out with my knitting looking like a beached whale. This is two days ago. I'm attempting to knit a baby vest. Can you say ginormous?

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful, love! Can't wait to meet the new babe. Miss and love you. xoxox Ali

    ReplyDelete