April 15, 2013

Week 30 - Sending Love

As I sit here to write I can't seem to bring myself to jot down all the joy I have had this week with the tragedies that unfolded in Boston today. I, like many, have been glued to the news since I found out. Rather than go on about my pregnancy this week I just wanted to take a moment to share my love with you all and encourage you to share your love with your loved ones.  We cannot control the world, we can only control ourselves. Hug, kiss, and hold your loved ones tight, make sure they know how much they mean to you.  Life is precious.

A picture from our honeymoon of the lowing of the flag at the American Cemetery in Normandy, France. Seems there will always be some sort of evil in the world, but it will never cease to bring people together.

A note for Baby Gerrans - You have not yet truly entered this world, but soon you will learn that it is composed of many good people and some bad.  As I was driving home from the city today I kept worrying about the kind of world that I was bringing you into, one where such a positive event dedicated to another tragedy can end in such a horrible way. I quickly realized that if we focus on the negative all we get is negative and while this event is tragic all we can do is send our love to those families and do good in our daily lives. The world is not perfect, nothing is, hopefully this lesson is not as hard for you as it was for me. Be strong, have faith, and do good. Know that the world that your father and I will create for you will be filled with unconditional love, hopefully we can spread that love together.

No comments:

Post a Comment